- You Only Spend 30 Minutes A Day Looking: It does not matter if you are employed or unemployed; looking for a job is a full-time job. A recent study in the United States, conducted by The Economist, concluded that the average job seeker spends around 30 minutes per day looking for a new job. How can you expect any good results from only 30 minutes day? You probably spend more time watching TV! Most people will argue, “I don’t have the time.” The answer to that then is you are not taking it seriously.
- The Solution: Let us do the job search for you! We have trained professionals who know how to find the right jobs to match your skills, experience and career goals. We will send you personalized lists of jobs directly to your inbox and save you hours a day. Take that extra time and do something you love or use that time to do some networking and enhance your job search that much more.
- You Question Your Skills: Maybe you have been looking for some time, maybe not, but you are beginning to question your skills. You wonder if you are smart enough or have what it takes to deliver results. First, it is okay to think that. Second, you need to build confidence in yourself. Hopefully, you picked your profession because you have a passion for it. You need to remember why you got into what you are currently doing and reinvigorate yourself. Every employer wants something different, but all of them have a few consistent traits they look for in a candidate. Two of them are confidence and passion. You have to believe in yourself before you expect someone else too. For free tips to improve your interviewing skills and job search, take a look at our Jobseeker section.
- You Are Not Getting Any Interviews: This topic could have a whole encyclopedia worth of articles written on it because there are so many reasons why you may not be getting any interviews. We recommend you read these articles we have written previously to get a better understanding as to why.
- Why Are You Being Ignored By The Recruiter?
- I Will Not Hire You If You Are Not A Referral. 6 Tips To Become A Referral
- You Didn’t Get The Job Because Of Your Online Profile
- Avoid Immediate Job Application Rejection
- You Get The Phone Interview, But That’s It: You received the email that the company you applied to wants to set up a phone interview with you and you are on cloud nine. This has probably happened to you countless times and then, after what feels like a great phone call, you never hear back from them again. Essentially, you scared the employer away. Something you said during the phone interview did not bode well with the interviewer and they decided not to pass your resume along to the hiring manager. We discuss topic in length in one of our previous articles. Learn how to have a great phone interview and land the second the interview.
- You Think Interviewing And Hiring Is Unfair: People who do not land the job come up with every excuse in the book as to why not. The problem is… they are just that; Excuses! Every company is looking for something in particular and the point of the interview is to find out if you have it or not. That something particular could be anything and be as simple as wanting someone who has been referred by an internal employee. It is near impossible to find out this “something particular” for every job you apply to. Instead, when you go on your next interview, do not let the interviewer feel you have been mistreated in the past. Treat it as a clean slate and give it your all.
Make your job search work for you and not against you. Our services at A Better Interview, LLC can help you improve your chances. We highly recommend that you take a look and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We will answer any questions you have.
Also, we encourage you to check out our Facebook page. If you LIKE us, we will give you free interviewing and job searching guides. Every advantage you can get in your job transition will get you that much closer to your dream job.
It is my absolute pleasure to recommend Marc. After five years at the same company, my interviewing skills had become somewhat rusty and I quickly became discouraged in my job search as I would make it really far in the interview process at a company, only to lose the job to "someone with more experience." That all turned around when I started working with Marc.
The A Better Interview website was very helpful, with many insightful articles, however, it was my one-one one interaction with Marc that I feel made the biggest difference. He brought a clear and experienced view to questions or concerns I had about how an interview went and the process I should expect, and there was always an innovative or creative approach in how to answer interview questions that would set me apart from the crowd. After getting so many helpful answers to my random questions on chat, I decided to go for the mock interview, which with his 2+ hours of expertise, proved to be the golden ticket to my dream job.
He was not just a career coach but a friend who truly wanted me to succeed in my job search, interview, negotiation and new career and was willing to spend all night on the phone if I felt I needed it. He truly cares about his clients and has an overwhelming excitement for what he does which really shows through and translates into an amazing service.
Marc is incredibly insightful, engaging and game changer of the recruitment industry. I highly recommend Marc.
Marc was a pleasure to work with. He was always willing to offer his assistance in all aspects of my job hunt including interview preparation and resume writing. He was also punctual at each step of the process which was a tremendous help. If you're stuck in a rut and looking to advance in your career, I recommend you email Marc as soon as possible.
If you’re looking for a perfect resume or the best advice on how to master an interview, A Better Interview is your best choice. I’m really grateful I found them. They not only rephrased my resume by adding those powerful key words, making it a hitter its never been before, but also taught me easy tricks during the Mock Interview on how to make interviewing fun. They were fast, efficient, friendly and very professional. I know I have a much better chance to relocate to the US now.
It gives me great pleasure to recommend A Better Interview. I can say that I would not be where I am today were it not for A Better Interview. They took the time to respond to my concerns and made me comfortable with the interview process, and answered all my questions. They are an example of the highest standard that all companies should aspire to.
I hired ‘A Better Interview' to update my resume and he not only updated the format and structure but was able to make it more deliberate, precise, condensed and clearly read! These guys are great and highly recommended. thanks guys!
A Better Interview could not have come at a better time in my job search efforts. Being an experienced, yet unemployed professional, was unsettling at best and very stressful at its worst. Marc’s service gave me the support I needed in updating both my resume and LinkedIn profile. I will continue to give A Better Interview my referrals and would recommend giving his services as a gift to others in need of a confidence and job search boost.
A Better Interview is the best thing that happened to my job search. I was hesitant at first since I was sending resumes out and not even getting any interviews. After having my resume reviewed and integrating those key words I was lacking, it really helped. The mock interview service helped give me the confidence to get through my interview and feel better prepared with my ‘must-have’ checklists. I landed the job and am looking forward to starting my new career thanks to A Better Interview.
I never thought I needed interview practice, but when going from a part time job to a full time career I wasn’t getting any responses. When I saw my dream career opportunity I was hesitant to apply. I knew my resume had good information, but I couldn’t figure out how to SELL myself. That’s why I reached out to A Better Interview for help. They helped me rework my resume and coached me before each interview and I got the job! Couldn’t have done it without their help.
What a great help abetterinterview.com has been for me! They really took the time to help me organize my resume, as well as offer advice on how to look for a job. They offered creative thoughts, which provided me a different direction that I had never been given before. After reworking my resume and organizing my goals, abetterinterview.com really has me moving in a positive direction!